DEEPENING CONNECTION WITH GOD
December 24 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 7:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until April 28, 2020
DEEPENING CONNECTION WITH GOD
HOW TO DEEPEN LOVE AND PEACE IN YOUR LIFE
Is your heart longing for greater peace, love and ease? Perhaps you are looking for a way to deepen your connection and to rest in the One, but are unsure of the next step. You may feel like you have connected many times, but then something happens and you feel pulled out and like the connection is lost.
It can be difficult to hold onto or deepen our experience of love and peace when challenges or a new phase in the spiritual walking comes along. In this new ongoing weekly class we’ll explore and experience how to deepen our connection with the One more and more so that we can move through life with greater ease. It doesn’t matter where each of us is on the journey – from beginner to advanced to those of us who feel like we have started and fallen off the path many times – this offering is for all of us.
Latif Phil Sorensen and Salima Cathy Carter will be holding this offering. Enrollment is open and ongoing, so you can join at anytime.
The basic format for each class will include:
1) Experientials that can help deepen our connection to God
2) A short teaching, reflection or reading
3) Time for questions and answers, including how to practically apply principles and practices in daily life.
Recordings will be made available allowing you to return to the teachings and experientials throughout the week to support your practice or so that you can catch up if you miss a week. Registration is not required, but is recommended in order to receive a link and password to the recordings.
- Begins Tuesday, November 4th from 7:30-8:30pm and continues most Tuesdays.
- Held by Zoom (online and by phone). See below on how to join. Please note that we will only be holding the class through Zoom. There will not be a gathering at the Center.
- Cost – a heart guided donation to Sufi Center MN is suggested (teachers are not paid). Please click here to access the donation page on our website: Donate at Sufi Center MN and scroll down for more information.
- For more information or to register, please contact Salima Carter at 651-380-6868 or email@example.com
Meet the Teachers:
Latif Phil Sorensen is a certified Sufi master teacher and healer. He holds a Masters of Divinity from the University of Spiritual Healing & Sufism. A long-time teacher and leader in the Sufi Center MN community, Latif is also currently a faculty member and Advanced Sufi Teacher for the Institute of Spiritual Healing, as well as a master healer for
Ibrahim Jaffe, MD.
Salima Cathy Carter is a teacher and leader in the Sufi Center MN community. She holds a masters degree in clinical social work and has spent over 30 years studying and practicing spirituality and healing. For over 25 years she worked with families and children living in poverty and those with mental health needs, as well as supporting front line staff. She currently is in private practice offering therapeutic bodywork and spiritual healing.
Here is how to join the teaching by Zoom/Phone:
Join from desktop, laptop or smartphone: https://zoom.us/j/
Or join by phone:
+1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 546 758 1286
How to access this class via Zoom technology:
- Click on the link for the class found above.
- If you’ve never used Zoom, your computer or other device will need a few minutes to download the software automatically.
- You will be prompted to choose which kind of audio to use (choose computer audio unless you’re calling in by phone).
- The Zoom window will have two icons in the lower left-hand corner: a camera and a microphone. These will turn off your video and audio, respectively. When there is a line through the icon, that setting is disabled. To change this, just hover and click on the icon you need.
- You do not have to use your video camera – it is your choice. But it’s always good to log on a few minutes before the class to assure that it is not inadvertently turned on or off, and to test your microphone and speakers.
For more information or to register, please contact Salima Carter at 651-380-6868 or firstname.lastname@example.org